A light rain had had begun to fall, so we took refuge in the trees.
The forest is known for its magical creatures both freighting and wonderful.
My windswept hair lay in a curly knotted mess, and my heart sang out at my freedom. I walked quietly through the trees. Fair Moon followed behind. She was more than happy to stretch her legs and run.
Dew sparkled on the blades of grass and my riding boots. A faint mist still covered the morning ground. It gave the forest and eerie chill. I shivered and walked closer to Moon.
A pond stretched out among the tall grass in a small clearing of the trees. I sat at the water's edge. Moon stood by me to drink from the glassy surface. Ripples covered the dark water from the rain.
I stood there stroking Fair Moons mane. A twig snapped behind me and leaves rustled. I turned around quickly, but a pine root caught my shoe and I fell to the earth.
"Oh, I'm so clumsy." I murmured to myself getting up to brush away the dirt.
"Are you alright?"
I looked up to see a tall boy walking towards me. He couldn't have been much older than I was.
"Yes, I'm fine." I said, blushing. A brown horse not nearly as graceful as Moon pawed at the ground behind him.
"You're a long way away from home, Princess."
I looked back up at him, shocked.
"Yes, I know who you are, Princess Avaline."
"Ava," I corrected him, "just Ava."
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment