A princess must be perfect in every way. This is what I was told all my life. Well I'm not perfect, nowhere close, and most everyone knows that.
Now I'm Fourteen, marrying age. Every available prince is coming to see me. The endless days of boring speeches are driving me insane.
Proper etiquette is essential for a princess. Madame Shae thinks that my every breath is wrong, let alone my curtsy.
During the long hours of princes and etiquette, my mind slips away. I find myself riding through the woods a free soul. No more Princess Avaline to worry about, just Ava and who Ava wants to be.
***
"Okay Moon all done here."
Fair Moon's black glossy coat shimmered under the stable's faint light.
"What now?" I asked her impatiently as she nudged my arm.
Dark brown eyes stared back into mine. I know she was thinking exactly what I was.
"No, we can't go riding now. Prince Henry is coming today. Mother would be furious if she found out I had been riding all morning."
Those eyes looked to desperate, they were pleading.
"A few minutes can't hurt."
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment